FASHION | FEMINISM | FCP

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Party Season Wishlist

Green fur coat, ZARA; blue sequin dress, ZARA; sequin pants, H&M; shaggy fur coat, ASOS; Velvet trousers, ZARA; sheer sequin dress, ZARA; velvet jumpsuit, Urban Outfitters.

With December right around the corner, I can't help but think ahead to the biggest fashion night of the year - New Years Eve! Picking the fanciest frock to see the arrival of the new year is always one of the hardest fashion decisions to make, and this year I'm in love with all things VELVET, FUR and SEQUINS! Here is a round up of what you can expect to see me wearing as I count down to 2017.

I rocked a sequin mini dress for NYE a couple of years ago - is it too soon to go all out sparkles again? Some might call it tacky, but who will be laughing when I'm lighting up that dance floor! I love the backless details on both of these Zara dresses, but the H&M trousers steal the show for me. The little flare paired with a platform ankle boot and the slinkiest of strappy tops will bring the 70's trend right up to date for party season.

Keeping up with the wide leg theme are these two velvet outfits from Zara and Urban Outfitters. The loose fit on the bottom calls for a little skin to be shown up top, which is why I love this rusty orange jumpsuit with the peephole on the chest. You can bet this outfit was made for long legged girls in mind, so if anyone finds anything similar in a petite range for my 5'4 frame then I would be eternally grateful!

Now while us Northerners never give in to the temptation of wearing a jacket on a night out, I could perhaps make an exception for these two fur coats from Zara and ASOS. I can't decide between keeping it neutral or opting for the emerald green to make a statement. Either way, the shaggy fur will earn me extra rock star points! Now I can finally wear a coat without compromising the stylish-ness of my outfit. Win win!

PS. Apologies for missing Sunday's post! With such little time left in New York City my schedule has been crammed with ticking everything off my New York to-do list while also prepping for my finals. Be sure to keep up to date with everything I'm seeing, eating and buying on my Instagram!

Aderyn x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig