FASHION | FEMINISM | FCP

Monday 26 September 2016

Birthday Lust List


Having been saving up all summer to come to New York, I haven't had as much chance to splash out on treats for myself as I usually would. Finally autumn has come around which means we're even closer to Christmas, and (of course) my birthday! So I've decided to put a little post together about all the things I've been dying to buy for myself but have been too stingey to purchase. 

A PROPER BAG

I can't remember the last time I carried my belongings in a bag that wasn't of the canvas variety. I'm currently sporting a tote that I picked up at freshers fair last year. So I've decided it's about time I get myself a real bag. I need something big enough to fit my notebook and laptop in for lectures and that can carry the weight of my frequent Tesco shops once I'm back at uni. I like these two bags from Monki and ASOS because of how clean and simple they are.

REAL BIRKENSTOCKS

In fairness, my £6 Primark pair have lasted me about two years which isn't too shabby, but they are certainly approaching their long overdue death. Everyone I know has applauded the quality and comfort of Birkenstocks so I think it's about time I got some - even if we are approaching winter!

A CAMERA

My poor blog is exclusively photographed with my iPhone 6. While the photos aren't shocking, they could definitely be better. I really want to invest in a proper DSLR camera that I can attach some pro lenses to in order to capture some beautiful shots for you lot. 

AMY SCHUMERS BOOK

I looooove Amy Schumer! I am so excited about the release of her book The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo and can't wait to get my hands on it. She is also performing at Madison Square Garden while I'm in New York a day after my birthday (fate, I know), so getting tickets to see her would be the dream.

A RAINCOAT

Considering I live in rainy Britain, you'd think I would be in possession of a jacket to keep me dry. But nope. And my umbrellas ALWAYS break. So I think that a raincoat is a rather practical and essential item. The one I've featured here is from Urban Outfitters. I love the traditional rain coat silhouette and while I would like to rock a matching yellow jacket and hat ensemble, I think navy is a little more versatile.

PYJAMA STYLE SHIRT

Honestly, I would be grateful for any clothing as I am suffering a serious styling block at the moment. My wardrobe NEEDS refreshing! But I'm particularly in love with pyjama style shirts right now, like these two, both from Topshop. The loose fit is right up my street, and they'd be perfect for both casual and smarter days.

SILVER RINGS

I always fall in to the trap of buying cheap jewellery, which seem cool at the time, but then later turn my fingers bright green! I think it's about time I invested in some real silver rings. When it comes to what I wear on my fingers, I either go for minimalistic jewellery such as this ASOS hexagon ring, or slightly over the top stone rings like this set, also from ASOS - all real sterling silver!

So there's a few things I'm particularly lusting for this season. I think the general rule here is that I need to focus more on quality than quantity!

Aderyn x

Photo credit:
monki.com
asos.com
birkenstockexpress.com
argos.co.uk
missbish.com
urbanoutfitters.com
topshop.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig