FASHION | FEMINISM | FCP

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Escape To Malta










Prior to coming to NYC, I went away with my mother and sister to the beautiful Malta. We stayed with my mums boyfriend, in his lovely house, in the town Mellieħa which is north of the island. The Maltese islands are all very small and easy to get between, which makes exploring everywhere a lot faster and easier than other holiday destinations. 

I was surprised at how much this tiny island had to offer. It's hard to pinpoint what my favourite thing was about my holiday because we got up to so much fun stuff! 

If you go to any beach on the island, I'd recommend going to Mellieħa Bay. They have an inflatable assault course in the sea (which is way harder than you'd think!) and a whole range of water sports that you can take part in. Me and my sister decided to take a spin on a jet ski which was one of the scariest things I have ever done - especially when my sister was driving! If you're the type of person who just likes the relax on the beach then this probably isn't the place for you, but if you're like me and treat your holidays like your Year 6 residential retreat, then you'd love this place. 

We were particularly lucky that my mums boyfriend had his own boat, so we got to go for a ride around the island and do a bit of scuba diving. Fear not though, we saw plenty of boats that you could buy tickets for that would stop for about an hour to give you chance to jump off and go swimming in the sea. 

For another fun day out, definitely visit the Splash & Fun Water Park. But don't do what I did and forget to wear suncream. There are some really cool slides here, my favourite being the one that has a big bowl at the bottom that you spin around, then eventually plummet to your near death via a hole in the middle. That's my kind of fun. 

If you fancy cliff diving, but are too scared to jump off an actual cliff, I'd recommend going to the Azure Widow. Not only does this place have a beautiful view, but there's a little natural pool that has formed surrounded by a wall of rocks that everyone enjoys jumping off. 

One thing I did not expect to find in Malta, but was dying to try, was an escape room. This was located in Silema and offered three different rooms to try. I think we opted for the hardest one - a scientists lab which was hiding a bomb that would infect everyone with a deadly virus once it exploded. We managed to find the bomb a minute after our time was up, which was frustrating as it didn't count, but we were satisfied to actually find out where the thing was hiding after a tough hour of following clues to find it. They have escape rooms everywhere now, so if you haven't already been to one then I'd seriously suggest booking a session. I'll definitely be going again!

So there's a little round up of things to try if you ever visit. I've also heard the nightlife isn't too bad even though I never got to try it myself. Let me know what your favourite thing was to do if you've ever been.

Thanks for reading,
Aderyn x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig